Seismic Handler wxWidgets version: SHX
We decided to reimplement the features of Seismic Handler and Seismic Handler Motif into one project. As graphical interface wxWidgets framework was choosen. So we gain a broad support on all major operation systems.
The implementation of the graphical interface will be completely separated from the processing layer. So it's possible to run SHX without graphical output (in analogy to SH command line version). Actually SHX will rest upon on SH and a new graphical interface will be programmed. Of course additional features from SHM will be transfered to SHX.
Please follow Installation instructions for development release.
SHX supports most of the command which SH offers. There are some differences in command implementation.
- New commands:
- CHANSELECT - Reduce channels/locations to one per station/component pair
- EVENTS - Access event data via FDSN webservice
- FDSNWS - Retrieve waveforms via FDSN webservice
- FETCH - Fetch seismograms from arclink servers
- FETCH_AREA - Fetch waveforms from arclink servers selected by area
- FK - Frequency wavenumber analysis of array data
- META - Access and check metadata information via FDSN webservers
- MPLPLOT - Create high quality plots of traces using matplotlib
- PARAM - Interface to analysis parameters
- PHASE - Interface to phase pick data in SHX
- PLOT_STATIONS - Quick overview plot of stations on display
- PSD - calculate power spectral density?
- READO - Read data files in various formats
- SORT_BY_DISTANCE - Sort traces by distance
- SIMULATE - apply instrument simulation filter on the fly
- WRITEO - Write trace data to file in various formats
- New qualifiers:
- SHX Gallery: example gallery
SHX offers a python interface to it's methods. A fast way to import all methods is from SeismicHandler.core import *.
Currently the following commands are supported:
Documentation to all methods is available using e.g. help(reads).
Access to visible and hidden traces is granted by
Meta data access:
For a deeper look into SHX please visit the SHX documentation overview page.