SHM documentation page
New version SHM-2.4 now available with major improvements in configuration. Please read migrating to 2.4 about improvements and how to change to this version. This documentation covers mainly the recent version! Old documentation is still available in our subversion repository.
SHM (Seismic Handler Motif) is an interactive analysis program for preferably continuous waveform data. It was developed at the Seismological Observatory Gräfenberg and is in use here for daily routine analysis of local and global seismic events.
- Style conventions used in this document
- Overview of features of the SHM program
- Recent updates of this documentation:
- Installing on UNIX/LINUX machines
- Migration to version 2.4
- Version history
- Known problems?
- First steps after installation is completed
Basic Information about reading in data
Basic elements of SHM
- The configuration file (since version 2.4a)
- The display windows
- How to use mouse buttons
- The phase dialog box
- The analysis parameter box
- The time string format in SH/SHM
- The travel time tables of SH/SHM
- Database support
- Analysing a local event
- Analysing a teleseismic event
- Trace list